Rockport Marine is hiring a Paint Foreman. They will lead the Paint crew through all aspects of operation and take responsibility of maintaining a large fleet of well-kept wooden yachts as they pass through the department. They provide accurate time and material estimates for all paint work (new build, restoration, storage, etc.) and coordinate with the Purchasing Department to ensure all the needed materials are on-site prior to work starting. This position operates closely with, and at the direction of, the General Manager. The Paint Foreman is responsible for working with yard management, project managers, systems crew, yard crew and subcontractors to plan work efficiently as it fits into the larger picture of work being accomplished at Rockport Marine. This position could represent Rockport Marine at regattas, boat shows and industry events. Occasionally, there is the opportunity to travel to inspect a project or meet a client. In any representation of Rockport Marine there is a responsibility to convey integrity, transparency, a high quality of work and timeliness.
Role & Responsibilities
· Oversees all Paint Department operations
· Plans work and assigns tasks to Paint Department crew, communicates expectations for quality, efficiency, and attendance
· Coordinates work from other trades in conjunction with Paint Department requirements
· Communicates to Project Manager any Change Order items generated when vessels are in the care of the Paint Department
· Coordinates with the Yard Manager to plan vessel moves and sequence
· Oversees quality assurance for all Paint Department work
· Accountable for the maintenance of Paint supply stock and for keeping work areas clean and organized.
· Accountable for daily clean up of paint bays and buildings.
· Identifies safety and performance issues, communicates them to the General Manager, and assists in the development of a mitigation strategy
Applicants will be asked to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, give examples of their leadership style, and demonstrate an understanding of yacht finishes.
Pay is commensurate with experience and includes a benefit package with vacation, IRA w/employer matching, health insurance, short term disability, and dental.