TRADE WIND was originally built in 1938 for a discerning owner who wanted an elegant floating home. She was built solidly of teak on steam-bent oak frames, and was the first pleasure boat to ever be tank tested. The restored TRADE WIND is well-appointed in paneled iroko, a tropical hardwood.
She has a generous galley, three heads, a bathtub and a main salon with a fireplace. The engine room is equipped with two restored Detroit 671 engines, a generator and a watermaker. Rockport Marine also built a new ketch rig for the boat with custom bronze hardware and sails by Nat Wilson. Click here to read the original article from the Rudder magazine.