Serenity is a revitalized Murray Peterson classic. For decades this cruising schooner has sailed Penobscot Bay. Summer 2018 brought the boat to Rockport Marine where Serenity received updates including all new fasteners, rebuilt floors and rehung ballast. A complete summary of work done is at the end of this listing. This is a unique opportunity to own an iconic Maine schooner.
Serenity is available for viewing in Camden, Maine.
Builder: Camden Shipyard/Malcolm Brewer
Model: Murray Peterson schooner
Year Built: 1965
trusted tablets In Summer 2018 Serenity’s received significant work at Rockport Marine. A summary of that work is at the end of this description.
Hull Material: Mahogany planking fastened to 1 1/2” x 2” oak frames
Fasteners: #16 silicon bronze screws
Decking Material: Laid decking with fiberglass covering
Deck House Material: Wood with mahogany trim
Bulkheads: Plywood and wood paneling
https://conversionfanatics.com/healthandwellness cheap generic viagra mail order pharmacy Interior Outfit:
Water Supply: Hand Pump
Head: Air Head; composting type
Cook Stove: 2-burner with oven; propane
Bunks: 6 Total; 2 in forward cabin; 4 in salon
order now Propulsion:
Main Engine: Westerbeke/Mitsubishi
Fuel Type: Diesel
Model: 44 BA
Engine Hours: 331.3 hrs
Cooling System: Heat Exchanger
Exhaust System: West exhaust w/water-lift muffler, port quarter discharge
Reduction Gear Make: Z4
Propeller Shafts: Stainless steel; 1 1/4”
Propeller: 3-blade bronze alloy; loose on shaft
Type: Wheel with Edson worm gear
Rudder: Aft plank rudder
Fuel: 2 x 1.5 gallon (monel or stainless-steel port and starboard outboard of engine, well secured)
Fresh Water: 2 x 30 gallon (monel or stainless-steel under V-berth, well secured)
Black Water: NA – composting head installed
Electric: One observed
Battery Location: Aft of engine
Compass: Constellation with bronze binnacle
GPS: Raymarine Pathfinder RL70C
Radar: Raymarine Pathfinder RL70C
Depth Sounder: Raytheon Bidata
Spars: Douglass fir
Standing Rigging: Stainless-steel with spliced eyes
Chain Plates: Bronze
Running Rigging: 3-strand
Anchor #1: Fisherman
Anchor #2: Fisherman
Windlass: Manual – Lunenburg
Hand Held Extinguishers
3 x Survival Suits
Life Lines and Hand Rails
Skiff: 9’ lapstrake dinghy
buy generic viagra Summary of 2018 Work at Rockport Marine
- After stripping the bottom we replaced the old steel fasteners with #16 silicon bronze fasteners.
- Broken frame ends were cut out and replaced with laminated white oak frames, 10 per side going from the engine beds forward.
- In order to access the keel bolt nuts, planks were removed from the port and starboards sides, starting with the garboard and going up 5 planks, a total of 12 planks in the after bottom section. The steel ballast was cradled, the boat lifted and the keel bolts cut. The ballast was chiseled and needle-gunned to remove scale and painted with weatherproof paint.
- With the ballast off, the old keel and floor through-bolts were removed. Floors and the aft mast step were rebuilt using 2” purple heart. 11 floors were replaced starting forward of the knee and were refastened with ½” silicon bronze bolts.
- Ballast was re-hung with 1” 316 stainless steel bolts.
- Planks from the bottom were put back on when possible, 3 planks on the starboard side and 4 planks from the port side were built new. The old planks were re-caulked with cotton then the whole bottom got new seam compound and one coat of sealant. Old depth-transducer was rewired and a speed indicator removed. In the head area, salt water intake and sink drain through-hulls were removed, with a new section of planking scarfed in their place.
- A small gap in the rudder was cleaned, filled with Sika flex and clamped together.
- The hoses on the cockpit drains were replaced, and the seacocks serviced.
- Starboard midships stanchion post was re-welded and bedded onto the deck.
- Half round on the outer stem was cleaned and re-attached.
- A broken piece of the galley table was replaced.
- After launch, bilge pump and switch were replaced.
- Unused seacocks were plugged and removed.
- New key installed in prop